Thanks to your support, free genealogy continues to gain a significant foothold in the family history community. One database at a time, we’ve brought more than 300,000 databases online to help you discover your story for free. As a way to say thank you, we want to share some exciting new features to help you break through your brick walls and customize your Mocavo experience.
Prioritize Your Search Notifications
It often feels like there aren’t enough hours in a day to dedicate to family history research. We know this problem all too well, which is why our search engine works day and night to find your ancestors among the thousands of new databases. Every week, we rerun some of your past searches to help you make new discoveries. We use a combination of factors to find the most relevant and exciting matches based on your search history. But so far we’ve been using our best guess and we know we can do better!
Today, I’m excited to announce that you now have the power to prioritize your search notifications. Simply select your favorite search terms and we’ll email you results based on those priorities, helping you make discoveries faster than ever.
Customize Your Search Notifications in Five Easy Steps
- After logging into your Mocavo account, click on your search notifications tab. You will see a list of all of your past search terms.
- Select your “favorite search terms” by clicking on the star next to each term. You will receive search notifications via email for each of your favorite search queries once every week.
- Remove a search term from your favorites, simply by clicking the star and it will move out of your favorites list into your “active list”.
- Organize your search terms by order of importance by dragging each term up or down with your mouse, or click the up/down arrows found on the right side of each search term.
- Deactivate a search term by clicking on the trash icon found at the right of your search term. Once deactivated, you will no longer receive search notifications for that specific query. You can always reactivate it by dragging the item back up to your active list.
Discover More Ways to View Your Results
As we continue to add millions of potential matches to our search engine, we want to provide different ways to quickly browse your results. Exclusively for Mocavo Gold members, you can find new search result displays under the Results & Summary Search Tabs. With so many new displays to choose from, making new discoveries has never been easier!
An Entirely New “Results Tab”
In the past, a search results page would only show you an excerpt of the content and an image preview with the matching word highlighted in yellow. Now you can uncover two more ways to easily scan your search results featured under the “Results Tab.” These new views will enhance your document viewing experience by revealing the important contextual details of a record page.
Full Image View
With Full Image View, you’ll see the full image of each record on your results page. You can view up to ten results and we will highlight your search terms so you can easily identify where they appear within the image.
Don’t have time to view the entire page, but still want some contextual info? Try out the new Tile View. Revealing a smaller image than the full page view, you’ll be able to quickly browse all results without losing any necessary contextual details.
New Summary Search View
Summary Search View allows you to group your results by category and database title, making it a breeze to target the databases that spark your interest, and quickly avoid those that are irrelevant to your research.
You can select multiple filters in the sidebar to narrow the scope of your search and start making even more discoveries!
I thank you again for your support. I hope you like these new features and they help to make Mocavo even more helpful. If you do have any other suggestions or feedback about these tools, I’d love to hear from you!